This is my first post as a new mom. I’m currently writing this at 8pm. Rich has already gone to sleep while I take the first shift of the night (the easy shift) and watch our son. That is how upside down our lives are.
I found this recipe on Joy of Kosher and I’m so glad I tried it! It takes 15 minutes to make and is delicious as a cold summer dessert. I served it for this past Shabbat to rave reviews!
It should be noted that while my baby began to cry right in the middle of my making this, I did manage to hold him for nearly the entire baking process – those two minutes he had in the bouncer for the sixth step were hell, though!
- 9 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate or chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup crumbled halva
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Line an 8-inch (or similar sized) baking pan with parchment paper. I used a 9” cake pan. Set aside.
- Chop baking chocolate and place in microwave safe dish.Drizzle olive oil into chocolate.
- Cook on high for thirty second intervals, until chocolate is mostly melted. (This can take 1-3 minutes).
- Remove from microwave and stir chocolate until it is silky and smooth.
- Gently mix in sesame seeds, halva, half the salt.
- Pour chocolate mixture into prepared parchment lined pan.
- Top with the rest of the salt. Place in fridge for an hour to firm and set.
- Break into pieces and store covered in fridge for up to a week.
a recipe from Joy of Kosher