Hannah’s not sure how she came across this recipe, but it is the perfect stone fruit dessert, especially for a meat meal. Because the fat (i.e. butter or margarine) is melted, you don’t have to worry about the consistency. It’s also an awesome Shabbat morning breakfast.
- 7 large plums, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons + 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the plums, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Spoon into a greased 2 quart baking dish or pie dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, baking powder, salt, and 1 cup flour. Add egg; stir with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle over plum mixture. Drizzle with melted butter or margarine.
- Bake at 375° F for 40-45 minutes or until plums are tender and top is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
a recipe from Taste of Home