This recipe is inspired by Ina Garten’s fettuccine with white truffle butter and mushrooms. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find kosher truffle butter and the actual quantity of butter required astounded me… and I am not easily astounded by large quantities of butter. At this point, I’ve made the recipe many times, slowly decreasing the butter and substituting cheddar cheese for parmesan (a cheese that is much easier to track down with a hechsher). My updated recipe feeds 2-3. Enjoy!
- Linguini/fettuccini pasta for 2-3 people
- Approximately 7 cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup packed copped chives
- Boil the pasta.
- Sauté cremini mushrooms in oil for 5 minutes. Remove mushrooms and wipe out pan.
- Pour heavy cream into pan and bring to a slow simmer over low to medium heat.
- Add butter and stir until it melts.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Add cheese and stir until it melts.
- Let the sauce simmer slowly for about 30 seconds to allow it to thicken.
- Stir in mushrooms, pasta, and chives.
based on a recipe from Ina Garten